Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vacation!

I taught my last lessons tonight until July 8. I'm free!

Well, no, not really. I won't be teaching until then, it's true, but I'm not really free, with school out tomorrow and three kids to keep occupied, or at least out of trouble, until they start summer school on July 6.

I guess I'll be free on July 6 and 7, then.

In other news...well, there really is no other news. We're in the end-of-the-year crunch, which is going to last for about another 4 days, and then the calendar is quiet. I had thought about packing up the kids and taking a road trip next week, to visit various friends and relatives in New England/Long Island/Pennsylvania/New York, but really haven't planned anything, and am not sure I'm up for that big of a trip with them just yet.

I think we'll treat next week as a staycation. We'll go to the pool (assuming it's open), maybe take a day trip here or there. With no teaching to be back for and no nap to keep us tied to the house in the afternoon, there's really no reason we couldn't go on a little outing for a day. Maybe the zoo, or the planetarium (the kids would love that) or even a local observatory, if I can handle keeping them up long past their bedtime. If the ocean were anything but bone-chilling, I'd even consider the beach. Maybe Houghton's Pond is more our speed, for now.

Or maybe we'll just hook up the slip 'n slide that Brian got for his birthday, and stay cool that way, right in the back yard.

No comments: