Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Catchup

I don't remember the last time I really blogged, when I wasn't posting links for stuff I'd written that had been published elsewhere. I've got 12 minutes before I have do something else, so here goes. I think it's going to be a data dump.
  • My pink Dell laptop died two weeks ago. Actually, the screen burned out. Computer was fine. Would have cost $400 to replace the screen. Got a new laptop for $300. It's a bargain brand (emachines) but it works, and it works fast. I'm getting used to it, but I'm making lots of typos. The keys are absolutely flat on top, not with ergonomic little indentations, like my Dell. Maybe that's why the Dell cost 4x as much? That, plus I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. Prices have come down on electronics (but I think that's the only thing!)
  • I am in manic Christmas Concert mode at school. I rehearse for this concert all day long, every day I'm there. The kids are working hard and sounding better all the time. My mania has an end date of December 14, after which Christmas-shopping mania will take over.
  • The boys finished soccer last weekend, and Abby finished her music theatre class yesterday. I'm looking forward to some more relaxed Saturday mornings.
  • Earl is replacing all the fasciaboard all around our house. His dad has helped, too. This, in anticipation of the roofers finally coming and giving us a new roof -- hopefully one that will not leak -- right after Thanksgiving. Maybe it will hold for more than 10 years this time.
  • I have more or less been holding steady with weight since September. I'm not thrilled about it, but have been pretty busy with my new jobs. I'm glad I haven't gained. I've slacked off on exercise for the past two weeks, though. This is not good, but I don't see myself getting back to it until after Thanksgiving weekend. Ah well.
  • The cold season has arrived. I spent three hours in a freezing cold church this morning where I was filling in for the music director. I am sure the heat was on, but from November through May I'm pretty much an ice block, and I need to remember that whenever I venture anywhere out of my electric-mattress-pad-warmed bed, and dress for it.
  • The exception to the above is my classroom at school, where I've had the windows open since August.

And on that note, I'm off into the freezing cold to pick up Abby. Cheerio!

No comments: