Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sum-sum-summertime

Now this is more like it. Beautiful weather for several days running. Sunny, breezy, low humidity. I like it.

We were in Canada over the weekend, hosting my dear friend Kathleen and her family at la petite maison. It was so good to see her, one of my oldest and dearest friends, and her husband. Her sons played well with my three kids, and Kathleen and I had a chance for some girlfriend time, too.

Since we arrived home on Sunday evening, I've been playing catch-up: first with laundry, then I taught yesterday, then sang a funeral today and hosted a playdate for the boys. I've also been doing some brainstorming about work-related things, and that's taking some mental energy, too.


The big news in our household is that Splash went to that great fishbowl in the sky a couple of weeks ago. Poor Abby was just devastated. We knew Splash had been living on borrowed time; Santa brought him for Christmas 2007, and betta fish just don't live that long, usually.


With us going out of town, we held off on acquiring another fish until this week, when Earl took Abby to pick out another. Blueberry, as Abby christened the new fish, has taken up residence and is fitting right into family life. He is as brilliant blue as Splash was red, and has brought a smile to Abby's face again.

Funny how a happy Abby changes the whole vibe around here. It's sunshine in the house.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

Oh MAN! So sorry to hear about Splash. :-( Dave's mom lost Bridget (cocker spaniel of 14+ years) last week, too. Sad times.

Can't wait to meet Blueberry. I bet he's terrific. :-D