Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

The sun isn't up yet, although I think Abby is. I hear her walking around upstairs, but she's being quiet about it. The Easter Bunny usually leaves chocolate eggs for the kids to find, even in their rooms, so I bet she's on her own little treasure hunt.

My living room is perfumed with the sweet fragrance of hyacinths. Earl bought a pot of them for his mother, beautiful purple, each flower heavy with a hundred little blossoms.

Birds are chirping outside, knowing that the sun is coming. Some folks, my in-laws among them, are undoubtedly preparing for sunrise services outside, commemorating Jesus' Resurrection.

I'm singing masses at 7:45 and 9:00, and although that's plenty early, the sun will be up by then. I always feel a little sorry for the 7:45 crowd, which is used to a quick and quiet mass at that hour. No doubt the trumpet and full organ will be a bit of a jolt to their nerves. They'll leave church knowing they've celebrated, for sure.

I wish you and yours a blessed and joyous Easter, whether or not the Bunny comes to your house. It's going to be a beautiful day.

No comments: