Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pennies from Canada

About a year and a half ago, I signed up with a website called Suite101.com to be one of their writers. Suite101.com is, essentially, the Canadian version of About.com. I ended up writing two articles and then cancelling my contract because of other writing commitments. (You can read the articles if you like: one about Suzuki piano, and the other about techniques to strengthen your marriage.)

I thought that was the end of it.

Imagine my surprise when I got a notification from Paypal yesterday that Suite101.com had deposited $10.27 in my account.

Apparently, enough people have been reading those two articles that the penny-per-click rate, or whatever it was, has added up to enough money to buy, say, two packages of Silly Bandz.

A Canadian windfall. Who'd-a thunk it?

No comments: