Thursday, July 1, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

This has been a great week. The kids started their half-day summer camp, and, after a few initial bumps related to drop-off and pick-up, they're enjoying it immensely.

So am I, as I am now the proud owner of four hours every morning to do kid-free stuff. It's nearly double the time I'm used to, and I feel like the kid in the proverbial candy store.

On Monday, I hit the gym bright and early and then came home and wrote an article for the upcoming Living Well section of the Ledger. Filed that.

On Tuesday, I took a walk and then prepared for an interview, which ended up being rescheduled. Wrote about half of my next column.

On Wednesday (this is starting to sound like The Very Hungry Caterpillar) I again hit the gym, then had my first practice session on the organ. It totally blew my mind, with the two manuals, the pedals, the feet looking laterally higher but sounding lower than the hands...a very humbling experience for this teacher, and a good reminder of how my piano students must feel when I'm asking them to do something new.

Today, I took the day off from working out, finished my column, wrote questions for my magazine feature interview tomorrow, set up a couple of other interviews for upcoming features, and had the rescheduled interview.

Tomorrow, the plan is to do that feature magazine interview, then hit the gym on the way home.

Having this time in the morning to work out and write has me over the moon. I no longer feel like I have to be in front of my computer, catch-as-catch-can, all day long and into the night, just to get my writing work done. I can work, and then be done with it for the day. What a gift!

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

Hooray for found time! Glad your summer is off to a good start!

That new picture is lovely. <3