Thursday, July 29, 2010

Whoosh!

Just yesterday, the kids were getting out of school for the year. Then I blinked, and it's now the end of July. Amazing.

This particular bit of mystification at the passage of time is brought to you by the fact that tomorrow is the kids' last day of their summer enrichment program. It's been a great time for them, taking four different classes each day, from 8:00 a.m. until noon. They've really enjoyed it a lot.

It's been a great time for me, too. I've made good use of my time, doing a lot of writing, mostly. I've been pretty faithful about exercise, too, and I made time for coffee with a friend today, which was great and long overdue.

It all comes to an end tomorrow, boo-hoo. Abby has full-day camp next week, which will be good for her, and fun, too. I'm with the boys, though, from tomorrow at noon through the start of school in September.

August is a lovely month, but it's standing before me like a big, open pit. Aside from the lack of structured things for the kids to do, we have three family birthdays and Earl's and my anniversary (#17 this year.) Busy, busy, busy, as it always is every year. Lots of preparation to do, and very little kid-free time in which to do it.

This year will be even a little busier, as I'm stepping out of my comfort zone as a teacher to do a little performing. My sister and I are giving a recital of mostly show tunes on August 14. That is its own blog post, so I'll leave the details for another day. Suffice to say it's another layer of busy-ness in the month that is rivaled only by December in our household.

I'm going to milk the kids' four hours of enrichment tomorrow for all they're worth.

2 comments:

cmmoore said...

Don't panic. Mom will be here for a week of it, and the good thing about being so busy is that time FLIES! Think June and July went fast (omg, they did!)? I bet August will be even faster! :-o

Anonymous said...

Want to bring the boys around for an afternoon? We could go to the playground or the farmer's market or a splash park...