Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy for...


  1. School vacation week. No, I'm not traveling anywhere. Yes, I'm still working. It's still awesome.

  2. The chance to write stories that make people smile, or think, or take action. I hope today's Milton Makes a Difference was an example.

  3. The best husband, ever. Here is a man, who, when asked if he can host a last-minute visit from his wife's college classmate and family, says "okay" and doesn't grumble. He worries a bit about getting things ready in time, especially since said wife is working up until the moment the guests arrive, but he just carries on, and does so cheerfully. He is the best.

  4. Renewing old friendships and making new ones.

  5. Homemade brownies, and deciding that 34 days without desserts was enough (yes, I decided this last week.)

  6. Children who practice their instruments while I'm out working.

  7. Children who can get along with my college friend's children, and have a good time while the grownups visit.

  8. More writing opportunities.

  9. A fabulous "Attende, Domine" by my children's choir on Sunday. They sounded beautiful, and I don't say that lightly.

  10. Knowing that there are six more days of vacation and at least three brownies left.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

What a lovely marathon story for that man and his sweet daughter! She is all the motivation he will ever need! :-)