Thursday, May 5, 2011

Whoosh....

Zip, zoom, whoosh...the weeks are flying by. Yesterday I realized I only had six weeks left of school, which made me feel happy and panicked at the same time. So many events to fit in before the end of the school year -- 15 for my church choir, alone (including rehearsals, but those are still events, in my mind.) Next weekend is my studio recital, my school concert is June 14, and the writing assignments just keep coming. All of this is good. A lot of good.

I was feeling scattered today and told a colleague that I'm usually much more organized, and that I'm just doing too much. He was kind and understanding, and I really do believe I'm doing too much, but I still get irritated with myself. It's not like me.

School will end and things will settle down a bit. Tomorrow I'll get through my mammogram, funeral to sing, dentist appointment, phone interview and dealing with the refrigerator repairman (see what I mean?) I'll also do some writing, tackle the mountain of laundry waiting to be folded in my bedroom and make dinner. I will make time for fun this weekend (meeting a friend for a walk on Saturday) and then slog my way through another teaching week. Hopefully I'll get over this latest cold or allergy attack or whatever it is, too.

Next week we should have Abby's IEP finished for the coming school year. That will be good to be able to check off the list.

The sun goes down, the sun comes up, and one day at a time, I'll do what must be done. Come June 16, however, I think I may make myself the biggest pitcher of sangria, ever.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

I won't drink the sangria but I will eat the fruit...heh heh
Good luck on the mammogram. Glad you're being smart about your health through all of this.
AND, you want fun? Ride on the back of a motorcycle. SO FUN. REALLY. You should try it this weekend...