Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Up for air

August has been, as always, a blur in my house. With three birthdays and our anniversary (#15 this year) it's like Christmas and the Fourth of July rolled into one. It's been a whole lotta baking, party-throwing, eating, decluttering (still) and traveling, and not so much exercising or writing.

The writing thing is picking up again, however, with a few assignments in the works. As part of one of them, I spoke to Marla Cilley, a.k.a. the FLYlady, by phone today. She was all Southern charm and decluttering enthusiasm. I also got another story idea from my conversation with her; now I just need to figure out to whom to pitch it.

Abby starts school a week from today, and I'm back to teaching in two weeks. It will be a schedule adjustment, as always, but I'm looking forward to it, even as I'm enjoying these last uncluttered days of summer.

No comments: