Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cookie tray post

Lots of little thoughts here tonight. None are big enough for their own post, so here's a little tray of assorted musings and thoughts.

***
The big news is that I found the recipe for the Christmas cookies of my childhood today. How I love the internet. Just this week, I've found that recipe, "Christmas Jollies" by the Salsoul Orchestra (YouTube, originally found by a Facebook friend but then I ran with it), and also a website (www.portablenorthpole.tv) that lets you personalize a message from Santa for the kids or adults in your life. Actually, the Portable North Pole was posted by another friend on Facebook. Maybe I just like Facebook, not the internet.

Of course, I posted the cookie recipe on Facebook, too.

***
The funniest thing I heard all day was Timmy, my 4-year-old, chanting, "DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE!) at the Celtics on TV tonight.

***
Not only did I make those famous sugar cookies, but I also made 8 little loaves and 5 big loaves of pumpkin bread. I'm baked out, for tonight, anyway. I still want to make ginger-pecan cookies and cranberry-oat-chocolate chip cookies, though. As Clarice the reindeer would sing, there's always tomorrow.

***
I've been trying to offset the cookie footprint by exercising longer today, and doing double sessions yesterday. It can't hurt, but let's just say it's a big, big footprint. A Bigfoot cookie print.

***
Tomorrow, I need to brave the crowds at the grocery store for Christmas dinner veggies, and Christmas Eve lasagna ingredients. I hate to use my child-free time for that errand, but it will take longer with Timmy in tow after preschool. The question is, when am I going to finish wrapping presents? Maybe I'd better sign off and do a little more of that tonight.

I suppose I should put away all those cookies, and clean up my kitchen, first.

No comments: