Friday, December 7, 2007

A day off (sort of)

I have a conference with Brian's preschool teacher this morning, so Timmy and I are taking a day off from the gym. I love going to work out in the mornings, but there's something about a deliberate day off that makes me giddy, thinking of the possibilities. All that extra time! What shall I do with it?

I'd like to start my holiday baking and fudge-making, but that could lead to calorie overload. Better to put that off as long as possible. What I should do is clear a space in the living room for the Christmas tree. This involves moving several boxes of toys, rearranging the furniture and making sure appropriate electric outlets are available for the lights. And then it will involve reassuring Abby, in particular, that the arrangement is temporary, that the toys aren't gone forever, and that lots of people put up Christmas trees in their houses and everything is going to be OKAY.

This reassuring will go on for a couple of weeks. And then, when it's time to de-decorate in January, I'll have more reassuring to do.

No comments: