Wednesday, January 16, 2008

She blinded me with science

I'm working on an article that, while disguised as a personal profile, really is all about science and child development. And it's fascinating. But I'm not writing for a scientific audience, and am trying to cram all of this good information about the person and the work she does into 800 words by tomorrow night. And it's not flowing. At. All.

The actual deadline is Friday at noon, but...drum roll please...I'm flying out to Houston to see Kathleen that morning! Abby and I are going (I'm sure Kathleen will be working on the arranged marriage between Abby and Patrick all weekend) and I am excited but as yet unprepared, because of this article AND another one I need to get done before I go.

Darned snow day on Monday. Having Abby and Brian home all day really threw me off.

Back to the salt mines. I'll get it done. I may be up at 4:30 tomorrow, but I'll get it done.

No comments: