Monday, July 28, 2008

(Dragon-)Fly Lady

I overdid the flinging and flying today, and I'm grumpy, tired and a little sad about it. Harrumph.

Monday is "house blessing" day -- so I spent an hour doing a very basic dusting/vacuuming/mopping/cleaning mirrors/changing beds/emptying trash. No biggie, and the house looked and smelled pretty nice from it.

Then, I took on the daily mission for the "zone" for the week, which is the living room. The mission itself, which was to re-think the various decorations on shelves, etc., was pretty easy. But then I got started on the toys.

So many toys! I spent a couple of hours going through the various toy boxes and baskets in the living room and dining room, and set aside some to give away. I think I just spent too long on them, though, and I'm feeling very overwhelmed and cranky about how many more there are to deal with, in the family room and the kids' rooms.

I should have just set my timer for 15 minutes, like I'm supposed to. But I got carried away, and instead of feeling proud of what I accomplished, I'm dreading having to deal with the rest of the toys.

Perhaps there's a lesson here. Like, don't bite off more than you can chew (deal with the toys in that one corner of the living room instead of everywhere the toys are stashed on the main floor.) Like, take a break (I never got to the gym or did any writing or had any fun today.) Like, take baby steps instead of trying to run a marathon (just do the mission and don't create additional work for yourself.)

And now, I'm going to read for a while. I deserve some fun. Harrumph.

No comments: