Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy list

  1. Abby playing well tonight in her teacher's violin studio recital. Not spectacularly; not her very best, but still pretty well. Especially considering the off-the-string phrasing in Andantino.
  2. Abby never getting nervous or even hyped up about performing. She likes to do it. She gets up there, does it, and sits back down. No biggie. I never was that calm about performing, even as a child.
  3. Timmy being so good about going to the Y lately. He hated it for a while. We went, anyway, but it's much easier this way.
  4. Thinking about my extra-long morning tomorrow...picking Timmy up later than usual because of a playdate. Extra time! Wow.
  5. Realizing that just briefly meditating on the word, "patience," when I'm feeling impatient, actually changes how I feel.
  6. Abby's math test being postponed until Thursday.
  7. Feeling like I ought to mention Brian and Earl, but they are fine and I'm tired, so deciding to just sign off and go to bed. They know they make me happy, too.

1 comment:

JEN said...

I like your happy list!! Abby did an AMAZING job.Glad Timmy is liking going to the Y more.