Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday again

I'm at the top of the first hill, looking at the ups and downs that are going to be the roller coaster ride of this busy week.

In addition to the normal weekly routine, I'm substituting for a cantoring colleague who is out of town for a month, and have two morning funerals scheduled already. I am grateful for the work, which I enjoy, and am pleased that he asked me to cover for him.

Tomorrow is Timmy's kindergarten registration appointment. The actual appointment shouldn't take long, but compiling the necessary documentation is a big project for later today. Proof of residency, immunization forms, birth certificate, photo ID, tax forms, you name it, the school district needs it in order to determine whether my youngest son, who has two older siblings currently enrolled in school, is eligible to attend kindergarten next year. I realize that it's the same for everyone, but it's busywork I don't enjoy, especially when I have to fill out the same information on multiple pieces of paper in the same registration packet. It all seems very inefficient in this computerized age.

There are a few other things -- coffee with a friend, a church function, snow coming on Wednesday. I also printed out one of Mendelssohn's Songs without Words, from the Petrucci Music Library, and would love to start learning it. I never, ever, play piano for pleasure, and am thinking I really should do that for myself once in a while.

Time to get started. The week should be an interesting ride.

No comments: