Friday, October 1, 2010

On time management and unexpected blessings (which shouldn't be all that unexpected, really)

Last year, when Earl and I went on a Marriage Encounter weekend (which I highly recommend) we did a personality profile. Not surprisingly, I was found to be an "organizer" that weekend. Having kept a daily calendar and to-do list for the past 20+ years, that came as no surprise. I'm happiest when I'm efficiently busy.

Based on that statement, I should be delirious with joy, and in many ways, I am. This fall has brought me to a new level of busy-ness, and now that I'm settling into my new teaching job, I'm feeling very pleased with it all. I love the teaching, and also love that it's part time. I'm thrilled to be back to my regular private teaching schedule. I enjoy singing my masses (although there's one fewer to sing each week, with the recent closing of Star of the Sea Chapel) and, of course, there's a column to write every week (one for The Patriot Ledger and the other for Milton Patch.) We've had a couple of evenings where the amount and/or intensity of Abby's homework have posed some timing challenges, but overall, I'm cheerfully busy.

Well.

I can't say too much about it just yet, but I've been offered another part time job. It sounds like it will fit perfectly into my schedule and interests, and it can be done on my time and at home. I've decided to take it, and am just waiting for the details to be worked out. I'm nearly levitating with excitement.

The best part is that it came to me. I wasn't looking for the opportunity; someone approached me with it (and no, it's not one of those "make 6 gazillion dollars a week working at home" ads one sees along highway exit ramps.)

The other best part is that our family can really, really use the income right now. I have been praying, and praying hard, about our financial situation, for months. God is good. Suddenly, I'm teaching school, and then just as suddenly, I'm presented with an additional opportunity. I felt so blessed that I actually started singing a psalm after discussing this new job on the phone today.

More info on my new endeavor as we get closer to my start date. For now: if you need something, pray, pray, and keep praying. You may be surprised at what happens.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

God is SO good. Congratulations on everything!