Sunday, December 5, 2010

Blog dropout

I feel like a blog dropout. What used to be a wonderful outlet and a fun way to jot down news and thoughts about life in the Fay family has now become a billboard for my writing that is published elsewhere. I didn't mean for that to happen. It just did.

Part of the reason I haven't been writing here is that my life has risen to new levels of busy-ness. I thought when Timmy started full day kindergarten in September, that I would have oodles of time to write. It hasn't turned out that way, as two part-time job opportunities came my way, and I grabbed them. These jobs take time, and a lot of it.

It's been very good for me to have new commitments this fall, and it's also been a challenge. My "organizer" personality has gotten a serious workout, trying to fit everything in. I've had to accept help with tasks and responsibilities I'm not able to keep up with any more (thank goodness I have a husband who doesn't mind vacuuming.) I've had to just put my head down and go, go, go.

On balance, I've done pretty well. It's only this past week that I've gotten what I call my "stress bumps" on my hands and feet -- painful little blisters that bubble up when I'm under stress for a long time. I chalk them up to the self-imposed pressure for my upcoming Christmas Concert at school, which I know will be fine, but I'm still stressed about. That, plus Christmas in general; last year at this time, I had a serious plan for shopping. I knew what I wanted to get for people, and had a plan to accomplish all the necessary ordering and trips to stores. This year, I don't have a plan yet, and very little free time to think about it, let alone get out to stores. My wonderful husband has volunteered to help, which is great, but I know I'll feel better once I at least have the plan in place.

I don't even know what the kids want for Christmas. I guess that will be a good topic for breakfast conversation.

I can't promise I'll do much more blogging than I have recently, except maybe during Christmas vacation (when I'll have monumental lesson planning to do, in addition to finally tackling the disorganized mess that is my home office.) I'll take a break from planning music classes and organizing more music downstairs to tell all you in blogland about my lesson planning and organizing!

Hoping to be able to expound upon some good news soon...will keep you posted. Happy second Sunday of Advent!

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

Definitely let me know if you need help wrapping. Drop stuff off (or we can get it somehow) and I'll GET GOING!