Friday, December 10, 2010

Good news

I'm very pleased to share that I'm the new children's choir director at St. Catherine of Siena Parish in Norwood, Mass.! This is the good news I was hoping to be able to write about in a previous blog post.

I'm excited to begin this job. Choir directing has always been my favorite aspect of any music teaching position I've had, including my current job at St. Mary of the Hills School. I'm jumping in with both feet, as I'll be preparing the choir at St. Catherine's to sing at a mass on Christmas Eve, two weeks from tonight. I'm not easing into this one! The first rehearsal is a week from today, with two more packed into the following few days.

I am amazed at the opportunities that have come my way in the last few months, beginning with the St. Mary's position in September, followed by my daily column for Milton Patch in October, and now this. To be able to earn a living doing what one truly loves is a blessing, and for me, that's music, teaching and writing. The chance to be a positive force through my words and my teaching is also a profound blessing as well as a serious responsibility.

I am looking forward to working with the children and families of St. Catherine's, as well as the parish staff. God is good.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

Congrats to you again!
God is good, all the time. ;-)