Thursday, February 26, 2009

Abby's essay

Abby brought home a writing assignment the other day. I love this because it not only shows her ability to use her imagination, but also highlights the things she likes, including some things that were surprises to me.

Here it is.
***
If I Had a Million Dollars
by Abby Fay
If I had a million dollars, I would buy an oven for making delicious treats. I would make chocolate and M & M cookies. I would also buy pink curtains so that my room will look nice. I would also buy clothes for my family, and new earrings for my mom because she is nice. I would also go to Disney World so that I could go on rides that spin around very fast. I would buy pink high tops because I think they look really pretty. I would buy a Snow White princess bed for beauty sleep. It will have sparkles. If I had one million dollars, I would love to get all of these new things.
***

I wonder what I would do with a million dollars. Of course, a million isn't what it used to be, but it could come in handy for paying off the mortgage, adding to the kids' college funds, and saving toward retirement.
I like Abby's thoughts, though. Of course, we have an oven (and bake treats) and she has curtains in her room, but I think the difference would be that they would be hers. Her ideas, her purchases. Her dreams coming true.
I honestly don't know what she'd do with a princess bed for beauty sleep, however. I don't think she could be more beautiful, no matter how much she slept.



Mommy's little dreamer

2 comments:

cmmoore said...

What a terrific writer. She is following in her mommy's footsteps. My favorite part is that the beauty-sleep bed will have sparkles. Maybe that's why adults are so tired all the time - none of us have sparkle beds. She is so smart...!

Anonymous said...

Completely adorable! Especially the part about the beauty sleep, and about getting earrings for you because you're nice. (You are, of course.)

Sweet.