Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Doing the happy dance

I received an email from the managing editor of Messenger-Post News, a Rochester, N.Y.-area company affiliated with GateHouse Media, the parent company of the Patriot Ledger. He wrote that he had downloaded my latest column to publish in one of the dailies, and that he enjoyed it.

I wrote back, thanking him and telling him that I was thrilled that he was going to publish it. I mentioned that I grew up reading the Greece Post every week, which is a Messenger-Post paper (although I think it was an independent paper back then.) We wrote back and forth a few times, and the end result is that he's going to keep an eye out for future columns and try to put them in the Greece paper, at least.

I think the only times I made it into the Greece Post when I lived in Greece were for the Delphi time capsule story in 1981, various honor roll citations in high school, and my engagement announcement. So this is extra-exciting for me now. Maybe I'll even get to see a hard copy when I visit my mom later this month.

Cue the Vince Guaraldi music (make sure your speakers are on.)

2 comments:

cmmoore said...

Really cool news!! Everything's comin' up Julie!

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work! And, keep doin' the happy dance. You are awesome.