Thursday, February 5, 2009

Success

It's time for my T.T.T. update, and I'm very happy to report that I lost nearly 2 pounds this past week (1.8, actually.) I did try much harder this week. Here were some things I did:
  • Let Jillian Michaels kick my you-know-what with some tough workouts
  • Kicked my own you-know-what at the gym
  • Made a pan of brownies for the kids last Friday and did not eat a single one. They lasted until yesterday, a brownie-longevity record in my house
  • Brushed my teeth when the kids were having bedtime snacks so I wouldn't be tempted to have one, too
  • Cut my fat intake a lot. It was suggested to me that I cut carbs, but I'd almost rather cut off my arm, so I'm going back to the tried and true. Hopefully it will continue to work.

Some things I wished I had done differently:

  • Had smaller portions at dinnertime
  • Had less wine last weekend. Well, no, I don't wish that, because I really like my weekend glass of wine with dinner. But it would have saved some calories.

I guess that's it. I was trying pretty hard without feeling totally deprived, and I really, really hope that continues to do the trick.

Writing-wise, I've already blogged about the contact with the managing editor of Messenger-Post News, and I also landed a feature assignment for a local lifestyle magazine. So things are moving along nicely in that department.

The great thing about writing stuff picking up is that I have more work to do. The other thing about it is that I actually have to do that work. So off I go.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

Congrats on the weightloss!! Slow and steady. :-)