Sunday, March 29, 2009

At a loss

I was writing a blog post in my head last night on my way home from a writing assignment. It was going to be a clever and witty account of the amazing variety I heard on the car radio between Plymouth and home. The most notable selection was Schoenberg's Pierrot Lunaire, which I have never heard on any radio in my life. That could be a blog post unto itself.

But this morning, I learned of a terrible tragedy in my town, and all the steam has gone out of me. You can read about it here. Be forewarned; it's a horrifying story.

Saraphina Revelus is in Abby's class at school. She survived the attack by her brother, thanks to the quick response and incredible bravery of the Milton Police. But her older and younger sisters died, and Saraphina herself is in the hospital.

We have talked with Abby about it, but it is so hard to help a child understand that which is incomprehensible. For now, Saraphina, her family and their friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

JEN said...

omg that is so sad, and so scary :( thoughts and prayers for that family and little girl, and for abby as she tries to process something so unfathomable. *hugs*

cmmoore said...

Absolutely horrifying. I have been thinking a lot about Abby the last few days, knowing how hard it is for us to try to understand what happened. My thoughts are especially with Abby, as I know this will be unsettling to her for a very long time. xoxox