Sunday, March 1, 2009

Forward, March

I haven't done a T.T.T. update in a while. That's because I've fallen off the wagon and have been flailing in a ditch filled with excess calories ever since.

From my dad's homemade cookies to Pontillo's pizza, I indulged in the best Rochester had to offer during my vacation last week, and never went to the Y once, although I had packed workout clothes. In fact, no exercise has been done in nearly two weeks. I was in survival mode this past week, with Earl in Florida, and also had lots of writing to do, so I didn't take the time.

Earl is back now, my deadlines are met, and I've at least been able to exercise some eating restraint since Wednesday, when Lent began. With today being March 1st, however, I've decided I need to create more structure for myself, since the freewheeling approach hasn't been working very well.

So, inspired by my plump arms and several pairs of pants that don't fit, I am officially counting points, a la Weight Watchers, starting today. It's a more drastic measure, but it's the only thing I have used recently that actually works.

With things back to normal in my house, or as close as they ever get, I'm going to get back to my exercise routine. I feel better when I'm exercising regularly, and it helps with managing my time, too, since I have to prioritize my exercise time and fit everything else in around that.

I'm feeling strong this morning, and hope my newly found resolve will carry me through the day, at least.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

I'm driving that wagon, sister. Get on board the WWW. March is now officially weight-loss month for me, too!