Sunday, May 10, 2009

Just a little blurb

I've been feeling like I want to write a lot but only have time for a little. I always think I'm going to get all these things (including writing) done once the kids are in bed, but by that time, I'm ready for bed myself, and just don't have the energy to conquer the world.

Briefly: I had a nice Mothers' Day. Earl made yummy blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and the kids were full of hugs, kisses and school-made presents all day. Very sweet. We all went to church together for the 12:00 mass, when I cantor, and that was a lovely Mothers' Day gift, seeing them all together in church.

I practiced with Abby, who is sounding very good on "Song of the Wind," and Brian, who is doing very nice wrist rolls on Twinkle Variation B. He also plays a mean C major scale.

I helped Abby with her first communion thank-yous, and blasted through much of the ironing. Then another mass (just me this time) and steak on the grill for dinner, followed by all sorts of sinful yummies for dessert. A nice day, all around.

There are a few anxiety-producing things coming up over the next week or so -- not one but two team meetings for the kids, and a couple of writing deadlines looming, too. My studio recitals are in a week, and I'm not really nervous about the recitals themselves; just the busy-ness of getting ready for them and fitting them both in between my two masses without anyone feeling rushed or cutting it too close. I'm always toast by the end of recital day.

I'm feeling rather toast-like right now, so I'll mosey off to blanket land, as Dad always said.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

Sounds like busy days ahead for you. Don't suppose someone could cover your afternoon mass on Sunday to make it easier on you? Just a thought, which I am sure you have already thought about!

You'll get it all done, though. You always do. :-)