Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Speed bump

I refuse to say writers' block. That's not what it is.

But I will say it's been harder to bang out the words lately. Inspiration is somewhat lacking, and other areas of my life have been taking priority.

It all comes down to the pie. When some of the plate is taken up by IEP meetings, and travel, and practicing with Abby, and keeping up with the house, and making exercising a top priority, other things, like writing every day just to keep in practice and make the times when I have to write a little easier -- well, they tend to slip.

This does me no favors.

Everything can't be the top priority, and the simple fact is that when deadlines come up, they get my attention. But most of the rest of the time, there are too many other priorities to focus on the writing as I'd like to.

And so that's why, although I'm not really feeling blocked, I am feeling rather sluggish.

No comments: