Saturday, May 16, 2009

Recital anticipation

I just finished the programs for my two studio recitals tomorrow, and I'm very excited about them. My students have made such progress this year, and it's a joy to be part of that and give them the opportunity to perform for one another and their families.

I'm especially excited because Abby will be playing her violin, making her recital debut. She's not my student, but she's my daughter, and I think my students' families will be understanding about my including her on the program. She's been practicing "Song of the Wind" very hard, and sounds great. I'm so proud of her and can't wait for tomorrow!

A big day today, though: the long-awaited open house at the DPW yard is today. Brian and Timmy cannot wait to climb all over the trucks again. They had a blast last year.

No comments: