Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Brian's Easter insight

This is my one piece of Easter kitsch in the house. I bought it on a whim at the Christmas Tree Shop last year, and have it in the upstairs bathroom, which the kids use a lot.

Last night, Brian was looking at it, and told me he really liked this Easter decoration. I told him that I was glad, even though it's kind of a silly little thing. He looked at me, all earnest and serious, and said, "I wish it was Jesus, though."

(Jesus on the toilet. Oh, my.)

I told him that of course, Jesus is the reason we celebrate Easter, but that the lid of the toilet is kind of shaped like an egg, which made the hatching chick a better fit.

Pastel poultry in the bathroom is one thing; encountering the risen Lord there would be quite another.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

I wouldn't mind having Jesus in my bathroom, either. At least we could have a conversation and not be interrupted. ;-)