Sunday, May 2, 2010

Better

It's been two days since I wrote my last post, and I'm feeling much better. It's been a good weekend, with some extra sleep and downtime for me, both of which I desperately needed.

I did my Sunday-morning yoga, and although it was hard (because I haven't done it in more than a week, almost two) I felt better for having done it. I got some household things done. The boys had two birthday parties yesterday and Abby had friends over today, so that kept them occupied and cut down on the regular cries of "Mom!"

I also lost almost two pounds in my second week of using SparkPeople, an online weight-loss/healthy lifestyle resource. When I started it two weeks ago, I was pretty overwhelmed by all the information on the website, plus just trying to find my way around. I told myself I'd give it two weeks and if I hated it, I'd stop using it.

I've lost just over 4 pounds in the two weeks, and am actually really loving the website. I'm writing a small article about it, so I'm not going to wax too poetic here, but there are a lot of features and functions that are just great for an introverted planner-type who loves data, like myself.

***
This is another unusual week, schedule-wise. Some lessons are rearranged; I need to teach some additional makeup lessons; I have a dentist appointment (boo!) and a hair appointment (yay!) I also have Timmy's preschool teacher conference, which is fine, but it means Timmy doesn't have school that day. I think I see a full morning of the gym and grocery shopping for us after the conference.

Last but not least, Abby has been in a much better frame of mind, which makes everything easier. She had a terrific day at school on Friday, and has continued to be chipper and mostly cooperative for much of the last two days. She isn't even too upset by the boil water order we're under here in the Boston area, because of a gigantic water main problem.

All in all, it's been a good weekend. I'd like it to carry over into the next 5 days.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

I was wondering how Abby was doing re: the water situation...glad to hear she is taking it in stride.

I will say, however, this city is being ridiculous and needs to start serving coffee again. >:-[ This hasn't been a terrific Monday for many, many people...lol