Sunday, October 14, 2007

Alphabet soup

A is for Abby, who went to her second CCD class this morning but didn't want to go to church with me after she got home.

B is for Brian, who is helping his father build a stone wall in the back yard.

C is for car, where I spent way too much time yesterday.

D is for dishwasher, which I need to empty and refill.

E is for Earl, who took all three kids to visit his parents yesterday, leaving me with some much-needed work time and relaxing time.

F is for football, which will be responsible if there aren't very many people at the mass I'm going to sing at 5:00 today.

G is for a Greek Orthodox wedding, which I sang a couple of preludes for yesterday, one even in Greek. Brian's former ABA therapist was getting married and asked me to sing, and I stayed for the ceremony, which was unlike any wedding I had ever witnessed.

H is for Halloween costumes, which I now have figured out for all three kids.

I is for iPod, which refuses to charge for some reason.

J is for Jimbo's, where my sister and I went for dinner last night. Mmmmmm.

K is for my brother Keith, who is coming to visit next week.

L is for laptop, which I really want, to make the whole information-gathering process for freelancing much more streamlined.

M is for Map-O-Spread, which is a yummy maple-flavored toast and bagel topper. It's only available in Canada, and my in-laws brought back four containers for us last week. We're stocked for the winter.

N is for nap, which is what Timmy is taking right now.

O is for outside, where I need to go today to soak up some sunshine.

P is for Plymouth, where I went yesterday to interview some people for a freelance assignment.

Q is for quiet, which is how my house is right now. This is why I'm not outside.

R is for Red Sox, who need to play better than they did last night if we're going to get to the World Series.

S is for stock -- chicken stock -- which I made this morning out of the bones left over from Earl's yummy roasted chicken from Friday.

T is for Timmy, who greeted Abby after her CCD class with such enthusiasm, and a big hug to go with it.

U is for uh-oh, I have to think of something for the letter X.

V is for voice, which is feeling good these days.

W is for Weight Watchers, which I've been faithful to all week.

X is one of those little football symbols coaches put on their diagrams of plays. Hopefully Belichick has some good ones today.

Y is for yell, which I did at Brian this morning and made him cry. He and Timmy were beating each other up, and Timmy was crying from that. A few minutes of hugs made it all better for them, but not for me.

Z is for zzzzzz, which I hope no one is doing after slogging through this bowl of alphabet soup.

No comments: