Friday, October 12, 2007

Can't weight any longer

I think I'm nearly ready to get serious about taking off the 15 pounds or so that I need to lose. This will likely involve joining Weight Watchers. I've always been a guerrilla-type, go-it-alone dieter, but I've been trying to go it alone for the better part of a year, and I've gone exactly nowhere.

I haven't made the commitment yet, but I keep remembering the thinner me, inside, and am realizing that she's been hiding so long she may take some somewhat rigorous coaxing to emerge again. It will take time and effort, and priorities will have to be shifted (the exercise and meal-planning pieces of my life pie will get bigger; something else will have to get smaller -- sleep? emailing? writing?) But once she joins me again, I think I'll be able to readjust and it won't take as much time and effort to keep her around as it did to dig her out.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: