Monday, October 22, 2007

Less would be more

I lost a pound plus change this week, so that brings me to a total loss of 7.2 pounds in two weeks. Not bad, considering I wasn't very vigilant while my mother was visiting this past weekend. I'm being very faithful about getting to the gym or doing my step aerobics tape (fondly known as the kick tape) 5 times a week. I'd like to do six, but so far it hasn't happened, and I like the days off, too.

In other news -- last Tuesday I was disengaging myself emotionally from the Red Sox. It looked like the pennant was all but lost, and with the long, cold winter standing between October and April, I had to turn my energies in another direction. But now, with the world series looming, I'm lost in the Sox drawer again, and it started with the win last week in Cleveland. It escalated to the point that I saved all my weekend laundry-folding for the evening, when the games were on. I even went to bed last night when the Sox were ahead 5-2, and then proceeded to watch the rest of the game from under the covers.

This is not typical behavior. I can see a few late nights coming my way, starting on Wednesday.

No comments: