Monday, October 15, 2007

An outlaw no more

I finally got the van inspected this morning. Of course there was a police car right in front of the inspection station, but fortunately I guided the nose of the van into the parking lot without any further interaction with law enforcement. And now my new orange sticker will shine as the emblem of this law-abiding driver for another twelve months. Or nineteen.

Timmy and I went to the gym, and then picked up a few groceries. Crescent-rolls-in-a-tube were on sale, and the kids love them so I picked some up to have with dinner tonight. Then we were on our way to pick up Brian from preschool. Suddenly, I heard a loud pop, and my first thought was that the U.S. marshals were shooting at me because they found out I only got my inspection sticker today and they don't like my kind. Then I thought I might have blown a tire, but the on-board computer didn't say anything about the tire pressure. Finally, I decided it must have been a falling acorn that pinged the roof with extra volume and probably left a dent.

When we got home, I didn't see any evidence on the van of an attack by U.S. marshals or acorns. So carried the groceries inside and put Timmy down for his nap. It was then that the mystery was revealed: one of the cans of crescent rolls couldn't take the pressure any more and had exploded in the bag. Guess we're having that one tonight.

No comments: