Sunday, August 23, 2009

Forty reasons

40 reasons to be happy right now:
  1. My 40th birthday is behind me and I feel great
  2. I'm all done throwing kids' birthday parties until next June
  3. Air conditioning in the bedroom
  4. I own my own business and love what I do
  5. An interesting opportunity that's come my way
  6. Earl and I have been married for 16 years and 2 days
  7. I'm embracing moderation and doing pretty well with it so far, by the grace of God
  8. School starts in a couple of weeks
  9. We still have a couple of weeks of vacation before school starts
  10. Singing well this weekend
  11. Looking forward to mass with the Kenyan community next Sunday
  12. So many good birthday wishes for me, Abby and Timmy
  13. Almost caught up with laundry from our time in Canada
  14. Fair next weekend = best ice cream on Earth (in moderation, of course)
  15. New vacuum works really well, even on the weirdly textured rug at the front door
  16. Iced coffee
  17. Sweet kisses from the birthday boy
  18. Brian's box score and AL East standings obsession
  19. Brian's making friends with a dad at the pool who was wearing an Ortiz shirt ("I talked to him about David Ortiz!")
  20. Timmy's "good dream" of Ortiz hitting a home run to Canada, confounding the other team because they didn't know the way to the little house.
  21. A good birthday party for Abby last weekend -- pedicures and pillowcases
  22. Still feeling good about my take-charge decisions
  23. Kayaking on Friday...will have to do that again sometime soon
  24. Listening to spiritual nudges
  25. Timmy requesting "more sawdfish" at dinner last night...okay, that's really a reason to shudder, not to be happy, but it was pretty funny at the time
  26. Four- and five-year-olds randomly singing psalms during the day ("Taste and see the goodness of the Lord...." Psalm 34 for the curious.)
  27. Abby enjoying her new dollhouse from Grammy and Grampy Fay, with hand-braided dollhouse rugs made by Grammy Ruth of blessed memory
  28. Twinkle toes
  29. Getting Abby to agree to exercise with me tomorrow (we'll see how that goes!)
  30. Unexpected party guests that turn out to be lovely
  31. A funny name anagram for me: "An eerie, joyful moan." A friend commented that I should use that for a writing prompt. Hmmm.
  32. Swimming in the lac; kickboarding, too
  33. Unexpectedly singing for a quinceañera mass yesterday. So beautiful.
  34. Celebrating our anniversary all weekend
  35. New students
  36. Longtime students
  37. Chorus of pirates at Timmy's party this afternoon
  38. Home sweet home
  39. Learning that I'm not the only person who doesn't care for the beach (thanks, Naomi!)
  40. Looking forward to a weekend getaway with Earl in October

2 comments:

cmmoore said...

A wonderful list, Julie. KEEP MAKING LISTS. They seem to be doing you good.

Anonymous said...

Need more information on #14.

I can hear #26 in my head...summer job!

#39: glad to help!

:) Happy birthday, Julie!