Thursday, October 29, 2009

Brief update

Things going on here:
  • Marriage Encounter is the best thing ever. Earl and I did it last weekend, and it was such a gift to our relationship. It's a great "tune-up" for couples whose marriages aren't facing serious trouble, but which could use a boost. I cannot recommend it enough.
  • I thought I'd never get the stories done in time, but I met two deadlines today, easily.
  • I've almost met the third, which is tomorrow's. Final tweaking and editing in the a.m.
  • Since my last lap swim update, I've swum 20 laps on two separate occasions. That seems like the right amount, for now, especially since I always swim after first lifting weights.
  • On the other hand, I've not exercised for two days and feel like a slug (see deadlines, above.)
  • My brother and his family are visiting us this weekend, which means the cousins will get to go trick-or-treating together. Hooray! My kids are so excited about Halloween, they're not walking, they're hovering.
  • I'm growing my hair out (which is a relative term, of course) and it's in that I-hate-it stage. It sticks out in the silliest places and there's no good way to deal with it. Even my usual disguise of a baseball hat can't cover all the crazy exuberance of hair that is more than an inch and a half long.
  • I hear there's a World Series going on. It's worth noting that we've moved on in our house, particularly Brian, who is now following hockey, basketball and football.

We're all healthy and happy and hoping we stay that way, with all the colds and flu going around. Off to bed. Immune systems undoubtedly work better when they're well-rested.

No comments: