Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Recital Preview: Fashion Edition

I should be writing a column, but I'm just so excited that I have to get this out of my system, first.

You know how I'm doing a recital with my sister next weekend, right? You might have gathered from my blog post on the subject that I was searching for something to wear. Chris will look fabulous -- she always does -- but since I basically dropped out of the public eye as I focused more on teaching and writing over the past several years, I haven't updated my wardrobe with "singer clothes" in quite a while. Plus there's the little issue of being a couple sizes bigger than I used to be. But I digress.

Anyway -- I was gearing up for a dreaded visit to South Shore Plaza for a new frock when I decided I'd better look in the one closet where I used to keep my singing gowns, just in case. And I found a gown I bought a few years ago, for when I sang my one and only Elijah with the Quincy Choral Society in 2006. (I have fond memories of practicing "Hear ye, Israel" while walking around the living room with 8-month-old Timmy in my arms.)

I took the gown off the hanger and lo and behold, it fit! There isn't room for much of anything else in there with me, but that's OK. It zips, it looks good, and it saved me from going shopping, which is the best part of all.

I've lost almost 15 pounds since April, and as I said to Earl last night, it's a good thing I started SparkPeople when I did. Otherwise I'd be searching for a parking place at the Plaza right now.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

Hooray! You're going to look (and sound) lovely!