Friday, April 17, 2009

The empty hamper

I went upstairs this morning to see if they boys needed any help getting dressed or making their beds. When I went into their room, I saw Brian, fully dressed and his bed nearly made. I saw Timmy's clothes on a tangle of blankets. I didn't see Timmy.

"Where's Timmy?" I asked Brian.

"In the hamper," he said.

The boys' large wicker hamper was overturned on its side.

"What's he doing in there?" I asked.

"We're playing Jesus," Brian informed me.

"Oh," I said. "How do you play Jesus?"

"You go in the hamper," Brian said, "and when you come out, you're an angel."

"Oh, wow," I said. Sure enough, out of the hamper crawled Timmy, pushing aside the cover, rolling away the stone. He stood up in his magnificence, his Thomas the Train underwear substituting for a loincloth.

"See? I'm an angel now!" he said.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

THIS is the best Easter re-creation I have ever heard. Your boys GET it, Julie. That is awesome - made me smile. <3