Saturday, April 11, 2009

My sneaky little boy

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy. Whatever am I going to do with you?

Earlier today, the kids and I were frosting all manner of Easter goodies (see photos in previous post) when I noticed that Timmy had chocolate frosting all over his chin.

Me: "Timmy, were you eating frosting?"

Timmy: "Well..." (looking at ceiling in deep concentration) "...there was some sticking up so I had to eat it."

Then, later -- this one is going to be tricky to explain because it's so visual, but here goes. Timmy had one of those little plastic eggs that splits apart in the middle, but has a little hinge-like thing to keep the two halves together. He was playing with the egg, and opened it up so the two flat edges (from the midline of the egg) were on the same plane, making the two rounded ends right next to each other.

He looked at the egg, put it in one hand, and pulled out his shirt from the bottom with the other. As he was putting the egg-boobs under his shirt, I asked him what he was doing. Thinking quickly, he immediately pulled the egg out of his shirt and put the two halves over his eyes, like little binoculars.

As a friend said to me in the grocery store: he's full of it.

No comments: