Friday, April 10, 2009

New travel website

I'm pleased to announce that a website that I helped create is now up and running!

No, I had nothing to do with the actual web presence of said website, but I did write a lot of the copy. My first web project!

It's called Skipjump, and it's a vacation rental resource. It's pretty cool, in that it borrows concepts from social networking websites (like Facebook) and applies them to the entire world of vacation accommodations, both for travelers, who need a place to stay, and for owners, who have properties to rent. It features free listings for owners, lots of property photos, online booking tools, and traveler reviews. The best overview can be found on the About page.

Writing-wise, it was a really fun project for me. Matt, the developer, was great to work with, and it was exciting to help him take Skipjump from bare-bones to launch over a few months. Special thanks to my cousin Shelly's husband, Steven, who, after designing the Skipjump logo, put me in touch with Matt.

Check it out -- and if you have a vacation property to rent, give it a try. It's free, and Skipjump is running a contest for the first few months. Owners could win a weekend booking!

No comments: