Saturday, November 28, 2009

A few random thoughts

Why is it that the one day I'm up early, the kids sleep in?

A great trip to Rochester this week, and I'm glad to be going home today.

No desserts until Christmas. I have been out. of. control.

I'm hitting the Y this morning before the trek back East. It will be good for the kids to run around in the "Mystery Cavern" there, too, to burn off some energy before we hit the road.

A family is a place where you can all get in each other's way cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and the tension can be pretty high, but it goes away and it's all good and there are no hard feelings.

Wii is such fun. Earl does a mean "Eye of the Tiger" on the American Idol game. Me (mii?), I finally learned the words to "Stayin' Alive." Randy and Paula loved me; Simon said I just didn't look like an American Idol. The truth hurts.

My baby godson, Eli, has the best little laugh ever. He is precious.

Serialized anxiety dreams might make good column fodder. Hmmm.

Timmy, my showoff social butterfly, got stage fright when it was his turn for American Idol. The tears in his little eyes! He was so relieved when we told him he didn't have to sing. Poor baby.

For the first time in years, literally, I am getting excited for Christmas. I think it's because I have most of my shopping done. Thank you, FlyLady, for making me work ahead this year. I don't think we'll be decorating tomorrow, but maybe next weekend.

The kids are awake! Off to start my day.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

Funny - we must be related. :-) For the first time in a few years for me, too, I am feeling the Christmas spirit, and very early, too. I hope it lasts and I don't burn out in like 2 weeks, lol!