Saturday, November 14, 2009

Little swim

Today was lift-weights-with-Abby day, and I decided that, crowd or no crowd, I was getting in the pool this morning when the kids were in swimming lessons.

My swim started out rather busy -- there were four of us in the lane, one of whom was trying to do physical therapy of some sort. He got out after a little while, so then it was just three swimmers, and we managed to stay out of each other's way pretty well. Then, one by one, the other two got out, and I had the lane to myself for a few laps. I did 15 all told, with fewer backstroke lengths than usual for recovery time. A decent workout, considering I did a Nautilus circuit beforehand.

I took an online swimming lesson this afternoon -- really just watched a demonstration video of the forward crawl. It turns out I'm doing it pretty well, although next time I'm in the water, I'll pay closer attention to my kick speed and to the angle of my hands.

No swimming tomorrow; I'll be singing three masses in the morning and then heading off with Earl to our Marriage Encounter Weekend reunion. I'm really looking forward to it. It promises to be more of the same kind of work we did three weekends ago, and even though that work can be challenging, it's already making such a difference in our lives together. We wouldn't miss it for anything.

No comments: