Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Busy at Breugger's

I decided this morning that I was going to take my office on the road, specifically to Breugger's. I figured I'd have breakfast there and get some work done in a place where I couldn't hear the Halloween candy calling to me from the kitchen.

I've gotten a lot done this morning, although I do have a bit of eye strain. It's really bright in here, and my laptop screen only goes so bright, so I keep losing my cursor. I'll need to find a wi-fi-enabled coffee cave somewhere when I do this again.

Anyway -- I brought my to-do list and was able to cross off several items, including brainstorming interview questions for a couple of upcoming assignments, querying a magazine editor (well, really just following up on an introduction by a PR contact) and nudging another PR person who is arranging one of those interviews.

I may seem like I live and die by my to-do list, and I guess I do. I can be very organized but I have to have it in writing; if I rely on my memory to tell me what needs to be done, I'll often draw a blank. I'm very motivated by the prospect of crossing items off the list.

It's been a good morning. Off to pick Timmy up from school. That one wasn't on the list, but I'll do it anyway.

2 comments:

cmmoore said...

Are you kidding? I love my lists. Sometimes if I do something NOT on my list, I will add it to the list as an after-thought, only so I can cross it off. At the end of the day, I look (via my list) and feel (via a little insanity) successful. :-)

Oh I know. I'm plenty nutty.

Unknown said...

This post made me smile. Esp. the part about Timmy.

Oh, and I also add done things to my list so I can have the pleasure of crossing them off. Nutty? Oh well, maybe a little.