Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Perfect music: correction

It's not "Stay" by Jackson Browne. It's "The Load-Out," which is usually played with "Stay." Stay is OK but is nothing compared to the poetry of the first part.

I've always loved this song. There's something about about picturing a lone singer and pianist, performing on a darkened stage, singing about how much he loves to sing while the crew packs up the rest of the equipment because the concert is over and he just can't bear to stop performing.

It very nearly breaks my heart every time I listen to it. I'd better be careful not to listen to it too much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree entirely. I've always loved that song, and you're right, it's poetry.

eileen said...

That makes more sense to me...especially that part "and we remember why we came" gives me goosebumps

cmmoore said...

+1
That is my favorite JB song, and one of my fave songs overall.

Vinny said...

Anyone who has ever been on a stage knows that feeling. Even after the most horrific of shows, never-ending tours, or painfully long rehearsals leading up to tension-filled performances. That feeling of wanting to stay and do it just one more time, because I know I'll nail it this time, and enjoy it even more.

I cry most every time I hear it. What a sap.