Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Friday

Today is the first of our "family Fridays," as I'm calling them. For years and years, the kids have had social skills groups or therapy on Friday afternoons. The schedule has changed, and this means that once everyone is home from school and work on Fridays, we stay home.

This may not sound like a big deal, but it is, considering our family schedule. There is something going on every other day of the week in the late afternoon, which makes what I like to think of as a "normal" family dinner and evening just impossible, or at least rushed. Between my teaching schedule, Abby's violin lesson and my church jobs, we're always rushing or running off somewhere.

But not anymore. Today we'll have dinner together, and I've already put in a request with Earl for fireplace time tonight. Maybe we'll play games; maybe we'll just play. But we'll be together.

No comments: