Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not-so-big loser

I lost about 1/2 pound last week. This makes a total of 1.5 pounds in two weeks. A little slower than I'd like, even remembering that Things Take Time.

This week, I'll try harder to follow my diet rules, which aren't really that difficult to follow -- things like not eating while standing up; eating only when I'm hungry; staying out of the kitchen if I don't need to be there (to reduce temptation) and waiting 20 minutes before having seconds.

I won't weigh myself again until next Thursday, either. I weighed myself earlier this week and was down a pound and a half. I think subconsciously I gave myself permission to cheat on my rules because of that, and I gained a pound of it back.

So no peeking until next Thursday.

I did exercise five times this past week, and worked hard at it, too. It's not the exercise part that's hard; it's the eating part. Or, more accurately, the not-eating part.

In other news, I made another writing contact and am hoping he will get back to me because I'd really like to send him something I wrote.

As for my other New Year's resolution, I have been making more time for spiritual practices, but it feels strange to me to blog about it. Sort of like I'm widening my phylacteries, or something. I'm all for accountability, but I think I'll refrain from celebrating my spiritual progress in this space. God sees, and that's enough.

No comments: