Wednesday, January 21, 2009

If he could do that, maybe I'd have been crying yesterday, too

Timmy had just asked me for the 97th time when he could watch Spider-Man when I told him not to ask me again because someone was coming to fix the microwave.

"Oh, because it's going d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d," Timmy said, rolling his tongue.

"Right," I replied. "Tell me, how is it supposed to sound?"

"Mmmmmmmmmm," he hummed.

"Yup," I said, "so that's why someone is coming to take a look at it."

"A fireman?" Timmy asked.

"No," I answered.

"Daddy?" he tried.

A good guess, but no again.

Timmy was stumped. And, then, like so many of his fellow Americans, he suddenly knew who could fix it.

"Bawack Obama!" he said, triumphantly.

3 comments:

eileen said...

Classic!

cmmoore said...

HA! Is there nothing the man cannot fix...? *rollseyes*

Erin Williams said...

Oh, that's one for the scrapbook :)