Monday, September 15, 2008

Another wake, another funeral

Earl's Aunt Sandy died last week. She had been in poor health for the past several months, suffering from cancer and then several complications stemming from that. She was under hospice care for the past few weeks.

I wasn't close to Sandy, or Sam, as my mother-in-law called her. Earl hadn't been, either, in recent years, although I know the families were closer when Earl was a kid. Denise and DJ, Sandy's kids, are Earl's cousins, and they spent considerably more time together as children.

I imagine Sandy greeting her mother, who died last summer; her brother, Billy, who died several years ago; and her father, who died in 1993. I hope they all have a great time talking about the Red Sox from the best seats in the house.

No comments: