Sunday, September 7, 2008

Greetings from Funkytown

I've resolved the childcare issues as best I can, and only have one afternoon left to schedule. It's not a must-have; it would just make our lives easier. I still need someone to call upon so Earl and I can have some couple time every other week or so, but I'll find someone when I find someone. I can't stress about it any more.

But stressed or no, I'm still in a funk.

I tried to de-funkify myself by taking the kids to the park. It's a beautiful, sunny, dry day here -- the very antithesis of yesterday -- and getting outside did the kids and I some good, and let Earl have a little time to work on some projects. One nice thing about having the house more or less under control (thank you, Flylady!) is that I can take the kids out on a Sunday afternoon without neglecting anything else I "should" be doing (oh, there's writing, but there's always writing.)

I'll just offer the same advice to myself as I offer to friends when they're lost in Funkytown: this too shall pass; you'll feel better soon. Do something nice for yourself.

I think I'll play the piano. Classical, not funk.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm trying to make sure I follow the flylady plan so my weekends are not spent cleaning all day and I can use that time for my family! I work all week and the weekends should be for my family and me time!

cmmoore said...

I'm in a funk, too, SBS. Maybe it's just the summer transitioning to Fall that is throwing us off. Abby is not the only one affected by change...