Friday, September 5, 2008

Morning sweetness

Brian just came to me to say good morning. His hair was all tousled -- sticking up like crazy, really -- and it smelled fresh and clean from his shower last night. He climbed onto my lap and I asked him if he were still tired, and he told me, "No, I'm just cuddling you." He's gone downstairs to cuddle Earl now.

Timmy the human alarm clock is still sleeping. He refused to take a nap yesterday. I think he needs a little more Mommy-and-Brian face time, being in his own preschool class all morning.

Abby is walking around upstairs, probably saying good morning to Splash (her fish), reading a Junie B. Jones book, or looking at birthday cards.

The morning didn't start as serenely; I couldn't find my glasses. Lost glasses are a big problem for me; my vision is so bad the doctors don't even tell me what the numbers are. After searching for 15 minutes (I knew I had them last night) I finally found them inside the top drawer of my dresser, which made me wonder whether I'm really losing my marbles. That's not where I keep them, ever.

All things considered, I'd rather lose my marbles than my glasses, because if I go too long without being able to see, I'll go crazy eventually, anyway.

No comments: